Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just checking

I went to a conference last week. It was three nights out of town, away from family, surrounded by colleagues. Many parts of the conference were great and it was good to get a few days away from the stress of my job.

I thought I had done a good job of packing and found that I had almost everything I needed. I even packed extra undies and had a book, a dvd and some snacks that I never got to. I did forget one thing, my meds. Not to smart. I went three days without my meds.

I have been living with the effects for the last 6 days. Things are just starting to normalize. I could say I chose not to bring them, just checking to see if I still have the same need for the max dose every day but the truth is I just made a mistake.

I do think I am doing better than in the winter. My joint pain has diminished and i am eating pretty much what I want.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    I'm writing to you as a fellow Colitis sufferer - to see if you would promote(or even just mention) a website, on your colitis blog. The reason I am asking here is I can't figure out how to ask you privately.

    I'm not affiliated with the site in anyway, otherwise I'd have a cure together email address. But I could just be saying that, so I guess there is an element of faith involved here.

    Basically the theory is lot's of people sign up for the site and rate the various treatments they have had for Colitis, what they think triggered their colitis, and they can track various metrics such as hours sleep, exercise, etc and the site is partnered with several universities with which it shares the information.

    The reason I am writing, is that once they have 1000 patients rate the various treatments, they publish the results, which they have done for Crohns:

    http://curetogether.com/blog/2011/09/20/crohns-study-results-29-treatments-rated-by-patients/

    I would really like to raise awareness among the UC community through blogs such as yours, to get to the US data that level as well. The link to the UC section is below:

    http://curetogether.com/ulcerative-colitis/treatments/

    I would really appreciate it if you would give it a plug - and help increase the medical understanding of the disease.

    Many thanks and best regards,

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare. Glad that you improved after your stint off meds. I guess that confirms that you really do need the meds!!

    ReplyDelete