Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Itis

I saw a new doctor today. A rheumatologist.

I looked him up on the internet before I went to the appointment and found a mixed review. Some people suggested that he didn't have great people skills and others said they had a long wait to see him.

I didn't experience any of that.

I found him to be quite knowledgeable, engaging and attentive. I didn't wait to see him at all. He was right on time. He asked lots of questions and took his time to complete a full history. He wrote detailed notes and then did a physical exam.

At the end of it all he has diagnosed arthritis and bursitis. I will have to start physio to try to relieve some pain.

I wonder how connected my pain is to my UC. But I seem to think that everything is connected to my UC!

2 comments:

  1. I only know that before my colon was whipped out there were times when my knees, ankles and feet hurt so much I needed sticks.

    Since it has gone I walk like I'm on castors!

    Don't know what the mechanism is, but I think it's something to do with the body's immune system going mad and producing uric acid - at least I think that was what they said about my legs.

    After infliximab I could walk well for about three weeks.

    Wishing you well

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything we get from here on in seems to be connected to UC .. what a bugger ... you take care :D

    ReplyDelete