Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Freakin' New Year!

The holidays were awesome! We traveled, went home to spend time with family, we celebrated, we ate great food and we just did everything together. This year John dealt with his feelings about Christmas early on and was able to let himself have some fun and enjoy the festivities. We spent time with all the kids and the parents and even went shopping together.

Did I mention the food? Oh the food was so good. I have been cooking recipes out of a magazine called Clean Eating. It is not for UC but it is about healthy eating and the food is so good. My sister hosted the family at her house and provided turkey and all the trimmings one night and ham the next.

We had two weeks off with no work! I had two weeks in the summer and was really ready for this time off. I had to go back to work today but it was okay since I had such a good holiday and got some rest.

My colon didn't enjoy the holiday as much. I woke up many nights and days with pain in my back and my abdomen. I have gone back to the suppositories and it has helped a little but I should probably get serious. That means going straight to the enema. It feels like giving in and I don't want to do it. I am resistant.

So far I am managing.

No comments:

Post a Comment