Sunday, January 24, 2010

The good and the bad

The good news is that I am not in really bad shape. The bad news is that I am officially in another flare.

The good: the colonoscopy went without any difficulties
The bad: I have been bleeding and in more pain since the test

The good: there is swelling up the left side only
The bad: the new doctor suggested some of my pain may be caused by irritable bowel. (What a bunch of crap)

The good: my hair stopped falling out
The bad: it might start to fall out again.

The good: the test being in the hospital with many others booked seemed to keep everything on schedule. I didn't wait at all.
The bad: the tight schedule prevented much discussion with the doctor and I don't really remember much of what was said. My partner was not included in those discussions.

The good: the drugs knocked me out completely and I didn't feel a thing
The bad: I feel worse now and don't expect a speedy recovery.

The good news is that I wasn't told to take Prednisone! The bad news is that I have to increase my mezavant (the reason the hair may start to fall out again) and it can take 4 weeks before it helps.

The good: I am nearly finished with this post.
The bad: The need to post will never end.

3 comments:

  1. Good news and bad news... I'm happy for the good, sad for the bad. My inflamation and swelling was only on the left side during my last flare too. Weird, huh. Seriously said it could be irritable bowel!?! I've always felt like a diagnosis of IBS is like the doctors saying we know you have digestion problem but we don't know exactly what it is. Kind of like a non-diangosis. Given your history I'm suprised the new doctor said that. Hope the meds work soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SG. I tend to think of IBS as the diagnosis when they can't figure out what is wrong. The first doctor I saw said this too. They work together. My faith in this doctor took a dive at that moment. I am not happy. I will address it at my follow up appointment and see what he has to say. Actually, I think I will laugh and ask if he is serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they said the same thing to me growing up, it must be IBS,... So what am i supposed to do to feel better, theres nothing but trial and error.... i feel like doctors dont know much. They make it up as they go and test new drugs. I hope you feel better dear, i know that wasnt much fun to do but hopefully you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete