Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Festivities

We have been celebrating. We have been enjoying the holidays. Oh the food and the family and the food and the friends and the food! Holidays are yummy!

We spent Christmas day in our new home, just the three of us. We had moments where we missed family but it was really nice and relaxing and it helped to make our new house our home. We left the next day to go back to the city where all of our friends and family are. We were kept very busy with visiting and celebrations. We were able to see our most important people, some friends and most of the family. I think the funniest moment for me was when my dad announced to everyone that all the gifts he was giving were things he had won in golf tournaments! He seemed so proud.

My mother looked so much better. She is recovering very well and seems in good spirits.

The bad news is that I forgot my probiotics and by the third night I was in pain. I wasn't moving much on my own and I had that old familiar pain in my upper left abdomen. The pain continued through the next day but luckily that was just while we were driving back home. With the probiotics on board I quickly found some relief.

I am glad that I have a scope coming up so we can see if things are just uncomfortable rather than concerning.

Today the boys arrived to visit here for 6 days as did my daughters friend who moved to China last summer. It is my birthday so we went out for dinner and then to a movie. It was most excellent fun. It is good to have a full house.

Hope you all had a great holiday.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you have been having fun and an enjoyable holiday! Sorry to hear that it was mired at all by the physical discomfort you felt. I can tell that you are a glass half-full type of person because despite the pains you felt this post is so positive. Good luck with the scope and happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I guess I am a half full kinda girl. I figure the pain will be a regular inconvenience, sometimes more debilitating than other times. I can't always make it go away but I can do my best to enjoy my life, take care of myself and love my family and friends well.

    Happy New Year!~

    ReplyDelete