Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nothing about UC because sometimes there are other things going on

I was driving to a meeting the other day and found myself sitting behind a stopped bus. I watched the next lane in my rear view mirror and waited for an opportunity to change lanes and get past the bus. When the traffic cleared I signaled and started to move into the next lane (which was okay since this was a four lane road).

At the same time, the car sitting directly behind me decided to pull out and the driver of said car thought it would be okay to cut me off and honk at me. I was not impressed and having my wits about me, I put my foot on the break pedal and my middle finger up against the window.

As he starts by me (still honking), he sees my raised finger and we make eye contact. He stops his car. He puts his car in park in the only open lane and gets out of his car. He walks over to my window and begins to gesture and speak. I can't hear him. I have the radio on. But I do see his lips moving. I don't think he is saying anything very nice.

What is a girl to do?

I looked him square in the face and said, "Stop being a Jerk". He seemed to slow down. I said it again. He stared at me. I noticed movement to my right and checked up in time to see the bus starting to pull away. The bus left. That meant I could too.

I waved to my new friend and drove away. I watched in my rear view mirror as he walked back to his car with blocks of traffic sitting behind him all wishing they could lose control and run him down. A few lights later he had caught up to me but when he should have pulled up beside me at the intersection, he held back. Was he marking down my plates or making sure I couldn't see his? Before the next lights, he turned into a gas station and I haven't seen him since.

1 comment: