Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm Home

I've been travelling for work for the past 5 weeks. I haven't had enough time or energy to keep up with anything.

The update:

While I was sick I had two very important job interviews. My partner was being relocated and I needed to find a job. I was successful and was offered the best job I have ever had.

In June I started to travel every week to work and then back home each weekend. I not only had to adjust to working again (after being off for 3.5 months) I also had to endure the long weekly drives and staying away from home and my family.

During this time I came to the decision that I am not Super Woman (despite what I may have told you before) and with the help of my golden lasso of truth, I admitted that I needed to give up something. I have taken a leave of absence from school. I have a year to determine if I can manage this new job and school at the same time. I doubt that I can but I couldn't clean out withdraw just yet. I worked hard to get into that masters program and it is hard to give it up.

Now I am home. We all move to the big city by the end of the month. We are all looking forward to the adventure and at the same time we are in denial about the people and places we are leaving behind. We are not saying goodbye to anyone.

The UC Update:
I have been off Pred for 6 weeks.
I am in remission (at least I was...)
I am taking mezavant and using suppositories and enemas every day.
I am loosing hair by the handfuls.
My joints hurt so much that I have trouble sleeping, walking and sitting.
My swelling has just started to worsen and I am concerned that it might be a sign. Last week, the swelling was so bad in the morning that I couldn't put on my own shoes. I had to go out and buy some more that I could wear to work.
I am bloated, not moving much and starting to experience some pain in my colon area.

Hopefully this next week will give me the opportunity to rest and maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment