Sunday, May 3, 2009

7 pred and counting

Bathroom: 0 but its still so early! (I went many times yesterday - 4 or 5 - I had a sense of urgency and my insides felt irritated and raw but there was no cramping or crying in the bathroom. When I went, I just went! It came out easily and was formed. Ha!)

I am wide awake and have been since 6:30. I was very tired last night and went to sleep without taking my Ativan. This is the price I pay. If I don't take the drugs I can't stay asleep. I slept for 6 hours. I really needed more.

Yesterday was a crazy busy day. I worked on my weekly readings and comments until about 3 p.m. and then I got started on house de-cluttering. We have painters coming on Monday morning. We have to pack up a lot of stuff that we won't unpack for the next 90 days. Our house should be on the market within 2 weeks and we will continue to look for a house to move to. We got the living room, dining room and front hall done yesterday. Today we have to do the kitchen and sort through the basement so that we have a place to start putting all of these boxes as we fill them.

For dinner, I ate home made chicken rice soup! I had even made the broth myself and it wasn't bad. To the average human it probably would have been bland but to my starved for flavour and variety taste buds it was awesome. The added benefit that I really was going easy on my colon made it taste better.

All of the activity yesterday left me exhausted. My joint pain was ridiculous. I even took Tylenol. I keep forgetting that I don't have my strength back. I get up and expect to just be able to do what I used to be able to do. When I get really tired and can't continue I am surprised. Again and again.

My side effects from Pred don't seem to be changing yet. The acne is out of control, the hair growth and moon face are keeping me far from mirrors, I am starting to gain weight and I want to snack so bad at night it is like I will die if I don't eat. Yesterday was my first day at 7. I am counting the days and the pills. I can't wait to be done with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment