Thursday, April 16, 2009

Step one

Bathroom: 2 (small deposits of fecal matter that were hardly worth the rush and effort and mess except that it is so good to get anything out at this point and that's enough said)

I got up early with John this morning. He needed to wake up for a flight so my alarm went off at 5 a.m. I went down stairs with him and waited for the taxi. At 8:30 I felt tired and actually closed my eyes and dozed for about 45 minutes. I didn't actually fall asleep but I was close and I do feel a little better.

Pook got up and got herself packed up and organized. She is spending the day with my mom. They picked her up at 10:30. She is glad to spend the day with them but I could tell she didn't feel too well. She has been having a difficult week and it showed this morning. She needed more sleep. She will likely be wiped out at the end of the day. I hope she has a good one.

And that got me to step one. I did my first fleet enema. I know the last time I did one of these was when I was pregnant 14 years ago and about to go for my first colonoscopy. That was when I was diagnosed with proctitis. So I opened the box, lay on the bathroom floor and did the deed. I am glad to be getting cleaned out. I have felt so uncomfortably full for the last few weeks. My rectum hurts though. Ouch. I am not looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment