Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another done

Bathroom: Doesn't count - I did two fleet enemas and seem to have cleared a great deal of fm.

My dad and second mom came to pick me up right on time. We arrived to my appointment 15 minutes early and they were running an hour behind.

I chose sedation because I had enough pain just from the enemas. Why feel worse when I don't have. So, we got me all ready (I don't need instruction anymore, I know the drill). The nurse had me sign my papers and then started my I.V. Dr came in and after we talked he felt he would see improvement. I agree but it is good to check. I started to put in the drugs but nothing happened. My IV was a bust. He started another on the other arm and gave me more drugs. Those ones worked right away. I rolled over, slept, woke at one painful point, and then snoozed again briefly. I think the scope was quick. I should be pretty groggy all day since I got the stuff in my blood and the stuff that went into the tissue and will be slowly metabolized throughout the rest of the day.

The good news is that he thinks I am heading into remission and I may now start to ween off the Pred! One pill less every 4 days. I continue with the enemas and go back to check in at the end of April.

Hooray! I am also allowed to start adding more things into my diet. Just need to remember to do one thing at a time so that I can figure out what works and what doesn't. Oh the things I want to eat!

I just had some chicken and potatoes and tea and gingerale. Time for some rest now. I am totally drugged.

I love good news!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news! I'm glad it wasn't too traumatic. And to be told you're going into remission too, fab!

    Keep the good news coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rich! We can never get enough of the good news can we? Now I am waiting to start feeling better! I don't find the colonoscopy to be too traumatic because they medicate me so well. I was totally looped for the rest of the night due to the double dose. I have never been like that before.

    ReplyDelete