Monday, March 30, 2009

Not quite committed

Bathroom: 0
On the Scale: 126

I was half expecting to go up a pound this morning after yesterdays food. I thought for sure the cake, ice cream and chicken with gravy would start me climbing! The good news is that I think that is about 4 days without losing another pound.

I had a hard time getting to sleep again. I took two sleeping pills and was still awake 2 hours later. It seems the best remedy for this, is to turn on the light, pick up some school work and read. So that is exactly what I did. I read a chapter out of one of the books I ordered from the library and by the end of it the words were swimming. I lay my head down one more time and soon found it was morning.

I made plans for today. They include staying in bed and working on my last paper for the semester. I got up and took my pills, made some tea and brought all my work to bed with me. It is all organized into piles and I have all the supplies that I may need. The only problem is, I don't feel like it. I don't want to read. I don't want to write. I don't want to work.

The boys have gone off this morning to have blood work done. They have familial high cholesterol and need to keep close tabs on the situation. They have numbers that would kill the rest of us. Hopefully, they get good results. They will be home to eat after the test, before work and school, since they had to fast since last night.

Pook is causing me a little concern. She was a little bit better over the weekend but not as good as I had hoped. She wasn't well yesterday and during our celebration started to show the signs of pain and discomfort. Her face changes, she can't pay attention, she becomes sensitive and her eyes look wonky. She cried last night after dinner when she admitted just how bad she was feeling. Our plan for her today is that she will sleep in and get up with just enough time to eat and dress before her teacher comes at 1:00. She is going to try to do a little school work and then she will rest again. She has promised that if this week starts to go like last week she will not ignore it. She will tell me and we will go off the hospital and demand surgery. We are tired of wait and watching her life go by. She is so strong. I am so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment