Monday, March 16, 2009

Mornin'

On the scale: 131
During the dark: Up at 2:30 and 4:30, pain in upper left area and producing only blood and mucus. Bathroom at 9:00 again, b,m,d.

Didn't get much sleep. Closed eyes after 5:30. Up at 9:00. I am a little disappointed because this is the beginning of the second week and I had a terrible night. I thought I was improving a little and then yesterday I spent the day in bed, in pain with the bleeding increasing again. I know, I am such a newbie. The doctor's office said we would talk to today so we will see what they say.

Just took my handful of pills. Today is the last day of taking the Metronidazole and Ciprofloxacin. I am glad since they make everything taste wrong. Yuck. I'm not very good at taking pills either. My partner can take a handful of vitamins and meds all at once with a swig of juice. Not I. I can only seem to get down two at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry about your recent UC diagnosis. This is a tough disease and can be very unpredictable. It's also different for every person. Some people can control it with diet and others with medication. Medication did not work for me (except prednisone, which is awful stuff to take). So I've been doing a mixture of the Specific Carb Diet and taking Primal Defense probiotics to keep my UC under control. It took a few weeks, but the symptoms are lessening and I'm gaining control once again. I've had UC since I was 15, but it didn't start getting bad until a few years ago when I gained a ton of weight. I believe weight loss has helped me alot as well. Leave me a post if you ever need to talk! Hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete